What is baby yoga?
Baby yoga is an ancient Indian tradition that has been used over many years and it has been gradually introduced within the UK over the last 15 years. Baby yoga incorporates gentle stretching, moves and techniques used by infant massage, breathing exercises, sensory play and nursery rhymes. Baby yoga is fun, calming and a great experience for you and your child!
What are the benefits to baby yoga?
There are many benefits to Baby yoga for both parent and child it’s a wonderful way for parents and children to socialise as well as have a great time!
The benefits include;
- Helps improve bonding and attachment.
- Can Relieve trapped wind and constipation.
- Develops communication between chid and parent.
- Helps to regulate and strengthen babys digestive system, respiratory system, circulatory system and nervous systems.
- Promotes relaxation.
- Improves sleep quality.
- Strengthens and tones muscles.
- Enhances parent’s confidence and competence.
- Offers skin to skin contact for non-breast-feeding mums.
- Can help the symptoms of post-natal depression.
- Helps parents to become aware of developing milestones.
- Encourages parents to sing to their child.
- Promotes mindfulness.
- Stimulates senses through sensory play.
What age does my child need to be?
We recommend you can start baby yoga after you and your child have had your first check-ups. Usually 6 – 8 weeks. This may be 12 weeks for parents who have had a C-section.
What shall I bring?
We recommend you wear comfortable clothing and anything you would take in your normal change bag. Everything else will be provided.
What is the cost?
Baby yoga will be charged at £6 per session and will include selected refreshments and snacks for parents and babies of weaning age.
Booking a Class
To book onto our classes please book online on our website or Facebook page or you can contact our centre by telephone or even pop down to the centre in person.
We will ask you to complete a registration consent form before starting a session. Please contact us if your child has any medical conditions you feel we may need to be aware of as we may need a GP’s letter before we can enroll you.
We look forward to meeting you soon!